Every opportunity, every contract
for a price that can’t be beaten: free!
Welcome to Invest Newark’s official website of procurement activity
Welcome to the Invest Newark Procurement Portal’s (INPP) official website for bid, contract and procurement opportunities. If you are a consultant, service provider, contractor, vendor, or supplier, this is a convenient place for you to find out about current bidding and contract opportunities.
Newark government agencies, authorities, universities/colleges and Newark public benefit corporations advertise bid opportunities on this website. In addition, many Invest Newark municipalities, museums, libraries, and elementary and secondary schools, as well as eligible not-for-profits, advertise bid solicitations on the INPP site.
In addition to bid advertising, the INPP offers free bid notification service, plus a Business Registry for use by agencies. Prime contractors can use the Registry to maximize their connections to subcontractors and suppliers.
INPP simplifies engaging in business activity with the City by providing a searchable online database of current bid and contracting opportunities in an easy to use, secure and reliable environment.
All INPP services are free but you must register to access the site’s resources and sign up for bid notification messages. You can also complete an expanded registration, requiring more information about your business, to add your company to the Business Registry.
Finding and tracking bid, contract and procurement opportunities is now easier than ever!
The Procurement Portal has been designed to make finding bid and contracting opportunities easy. Some of the features include:
- A customizable homepage displays your opportunity ads (ad/s) of interest
- Bookmark ads for easy retrieval
- Opportunity ad display puts all solicitation information at your fingertips
- Filter ads by contracting category, geographic location and ad type
- Sort ads by issue date, due date and issuing entity
- Once you identify a bid opportunity, you can link directly to the opportunity to complete the bid process with the bid offering entity.
- Both bidders and bid offering entities benefit from material reduction in the amount of paperwork, time and expense involved in the bid and award process.
Be sure to review all documents associated with a specific solicitation including Terms and Conditions, General Provisions, or sample Agreements. It is the bidder’s responsibility to obtain the most complete and current version of the bid documents posted (via the INPP) including any addenda associated with the bid solicitation.
Bids are due on/or before the due date shown in each bid solicitation. Since bids are being posted by multiple sectors, please be sure to follow all instructions associated with each bid opportunity.
Receive ads of interest by creating an opportunity profile. An opportunity profile allows you to set preferences for contracting categories, location and ad type. Profile results are displayed on your homepage and in your daily eAlert email notifications.
More notification options
The Procurement Portal offers options to keep you informed and up to date on contracting opportunities. These options include:
- Daily eAlert email notifications
- Ad update notifications
- Sharing ads with business partners, colleagues, co-workers and friends
Enhanced search features
Finding ads has never been easier. Several new search options allow you to locate ads quickly. These options include:
- Quick filter search options on home page
- Keyword searches
- Bid and contract issuing entity
- Geographic location
- Bid and contract category and classification
- MWBE – Diverse Supplier contracting goals
Expanded ad categories
Contracting categories have been designed to provide better categorization of ads, allowing for more accurate searches and filtering. A new category matrix makes it easy to select your areas of interest.